Taylor Sterling is looking for an experienced M&E Design Manager with a mechanical background to join a leading architectural consultancy in Dubai, UAE. Client is involved in a mix of projects including residential and commercial buildings, education and healthcare. Client has an impressive client base that trust them to deliver creative architectural design, engineering, and planning building solutions on a global platform.
In the role, you will manage multiple mechanical design projects from original concept design to complete preparation of construction documents and specifications. Successful candidate will establish project strategy and vision, mentor staff, review working drawings, and ensures elements of design, model, and detailing adhere to relevant jurisdictional requirements. You will liaise with all key stakeholders to resolve issues, administer construction contracts, maximize profitability, and increase overall efficiency.
• Plans, implements, leads mechanical design projects to determine resource requirements, staff allocation, project timelines, and budgetary requirements
• Reviews construction drawings and schedules to ensure all codes and jurisdictional requirements are complied with.
• Performs fundamental mechanical engineering calculations to determine systems configurations and capacity
• Oversees workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is done accurately, efficiently, and complies with policies, procedures, and standards as well as best working practices. Advises on technical problems and reviews work assigned to staff for technical accuracy
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with colleagues, consultants, and key stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and to resolve concerns promptly and efficiently
• Works closely with the Project Manager and other key stakeholders to ensure projects are constructed on time and within budget. Liaises with onsite contracting forces, attends construction meetings, and reviews construction quotes and claims
• Attends meetings, as necessary, and liaises with various stakeholders to deliver presentations, coordinate resources, determine project criteria, and provide information as requested
• At least 10 years of experience of mechanical engineering and design experience
• Must have a post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Mechanical Engineering. M.Eng. is an asset – preference for a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Strong problem-solving and decision making
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office